University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies
Spring 2019 – Summer/Fall 2019
9:00am – 4:00pm
$365 plus taxes
- Understand the concept of the embodied mind.
- Interpret the ancient document known as the 16 Guidelines both historically and in its contemporary application and usage.
- Develop your own personal guidelines that will provide the scaffolding of your own embodied practice.
- Gain personal experience and introduction to methods.
- Reduce suffering of mental and physical symptoms by gently transforming underlying causes in the mind
- You can use the methods for self-practice.
- Certificate of attendance granted by Transformative Mindfulness International.
16 GUIDELINES FOR LIFE
TOOLS FOR PERSONAL AND CULTURAL CHANGE – Level 1
2 day workshop on-site
9:00am to 4:30pm
$330 for course
$35 for 16 Guidelines book and card set (required course material)
Participants will develop tools to change the way they think, act, relate and find meaning. This workshop is for those who are interested in taking mindfulness into the world in order to create a wise, kind society.
The 16 Guidelines have attracted everyone from neuroscientists to school teachers, corporations to social service agencies, parents to community building – anyone who is in need of motivation to change their outlook and practices.
The 16 Guidelines are currently being used for personal and cultural change in hospitals, schools, social service agencies, drug rehab, universities, youth at-risk programs, youth leadership programs, business and prisons, as well as in families, communities and neighbourhoods.
For an invitation to the next upcoming 16 Guidelines workshop or to schedule a 16 Guidelines Level 1 Training or a customized Adapted Inspired-By event for your organization please fill out the form below.
For details about local COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS and SPECIAL EVENTS facilitated by Shelley please visit www.centreforcompassionandwisdom.com.
Would you like to bring one of our internationally-recognized programs to your organization or mindfulness group setting? Let’s collaborate!